Why You Should Bath With Salt Before Sleeping At Night
Why You Should Bath With Salt Before Sleeping At Night.
Inspiring wellness and self-care, taking a salt bath can help keep our bodies clean while also easing muscle aches, calming the mind, and eliminating pathogens all in one sitting. Minerals like magnesium and potassium found in Epsom salt and sea salt can be drawn into the bloodstream during a warm bath to eliminate toxins and balance the entire body. Plus, the salt mixture helps purge impurities from the skin, leaving you with a healthful glow and skin feeling supple and soft.
The extensive list of benefits from salt baths prompted us to add a line of our own Bath Salts to the Edens Garden collection. On top of the therapeutic benefits of essential oils, there are a myriad of reasons to incorporate salt baths into your routine.
- Builds Immunity – By regularly indulging in sea salt baths, we expose ourselves to highly absorptive minerals that boost our resistance to illness and disease. Similar to the effects of physical exercise, warm baths have also been found to trigger an anti-inflammatory response that is vital for increasing our body’s ability to ward off and fight diseases and illness. The Fighting Five Bath Salt was meticulously crafted to contribute to this immune-boosting effect of salt baths. High in antibacterial properties, the soak helps eliminate pathogens while staving off harmful microbes.
- Increases Energy – When our bodies are not getting the minerals they need, fatigue begins to set in. Magnesium, in particular, is important for managing our stress response, but unfortunately, 57% of adults do not meet their recommended magnesium intake. This deficiency can lead to disrupted sleep and muscle fatigue. By indulging in a Salt Soak, you can restore the energy in your cells and make your way to a revitalized self.
- Balances Alkalinity– Excess acidity in the body from an improper diet can lead to overworking of our vital organs, which then must take minerals from our bones and tissue. The baking soda in our salt soaks is a naturally alkaline substance with a reputation for removing toxins effectively. Introducing salt soaks to your life is a great way to remove excess acid from the cells and reintroduce trace minerals back into your body.
- Soothes Muscle Injury – Being in a warm bath can ease pain by taking the weight off joints and muscles. It can also help your body to heal faster after an injury or surgery. When used with warm water, the magnesium-rich salt helps relieve muscle spasms and menstrual cramps. We love the idea of settling into a bath with our Yuzu Cannabliss Bath Salt after a hard workout or a long day for indulgent relief.
- Promotes Restful Sleep – A warm salt bath is perfect for helping us relax when we’re anxious or tense. The temperature changes your body goes through when switching from a warm bath to cooler air can actually help improve sleep. In addition, the proper ratio of water and salt exposure can help prevent the need to urinate during the night, leading to less disrupted sleep. The Good Night Bath Salt is packed with ultra-relaxing essential oils like Lavender and Chamomile to enhance your nighttime sleep routine.
- Improves Skin Health – The minerals inside a high-quality salt soak promote healthy, more youthful skin. When we emerge from the water, our skin is left silky and smooth. Salt soaks also help purge impurities from the skin and balances skin moisture levels. The use of dead sea salts has also been implemented for the treatment of psoriasis. Not only is salt good for dry, itchy skin and acne, but research also suggests that the baking soda in salt soaks may be useful as an antifungal agent for skin and nails.
- Decreases Congestion – Allergies and infections can lead to a buildup of mucus, which everyone has to cope with at one time or another. Not only does a salt bath help to eliminate existing mucus buildup, but it can also help to prevent it. The Eucalyptus Cardamom Bath Salt includes Eucalyptus essential oil, which works alongside the nutrient-dense salts to actively help decongest the respiratory system.
- Aids in Chronic Pain Relief – While we may not be able to free ourselves from chronic pain, we can soothe our bodies in a nourishing salt bath. Warm water baths are highly effective at treating lower back pain, and dead sea salts have been utilized for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Boosts Overall Health – Studies show that these baths can improve our health in general. Benefits range from regulating blood sugar and improving cardiovascular health, to boosting circulatory and nerve function. We suggest pairing the natural healing qualities of a warm salt bath with aromatherapy for further rejuvenation. Our Grape fruit Pink Pepper Bath Salt is particularly effective at supporting the lymphatic system and fighting free radicals.
- Because They Feel Good!– Not only is salt soaks healing for the body, but they are also so beneficial to our mental wellbeing. Don’t just take a bath because you need it, take one because you want to. Tangerine Jasmine Bath Salt is for those times when you just need to treat yourself. Sit back, relax, and indulge in the restorative properties of Epsom and sea salts and the therapeutic benefits of 100% pure essential oils.