Why Waste Money On Toothpaste — See How To Produce Your Own
Why Waste Money On Toothpaste — See How To Produce Your Own.
There are several brands of toothpaste all over the world, many we can afford and many we cannot.
Over the years the human generation has used various things for teeth brushing.
We have heard many tales where our grand parents and great grand parents used grinded ceramic plate with hints of pepper then applied it on a chewing stick to brush their teeth.
Some people even use bitter leaf stick while others prefer to use guava stick to brush their teeth.
Other people use crushed egg shells while some use the ashes of horse shoes.
The most commonly used one is salt. Many people use it to brush their teeth.
I even use it when my toothpaste has finished (lol).
This one am writing about is close to that of the vim powder we use to brush our teeth and you can make it with any amount of money you have and other ingredients you might have at home.
Equipments needed to
• Measuring spoon
• Small bowl
• Packaging containers
• Baking soda – 6 tablespoons
• Salt – 1/2 teaspoon
• Coconut oil – 2 tablespoons
• Water – 2 tablespoons
• Menthol (as desired)
• Baking Soda:
Also acts as an abrasive for peeling of thick, hard stains from the teeth and also shines the teeth.
also acts as an abrasive, cleaning agent and a salivating agent which aids easy brushing.
• Coconut oil:
Protects the enamel and gums. It also acts as an antioxidant and antimicrobial agent.
• Water: You only need this in little quantities so as to wet the mixture. You can also add more water if the paste looks too thick.
Though is not compulsory, this is needed so the toothpaste can have a refreshing taste when used.
• Step 1: Pour coconut oil into the bowl
• Step 2: Add menthol into it and stir
• Step 3: Add salt and stir
• Step 4: Pour in the baking powder and stir well till it become moisturized
• Step 5: Add water. You can also add more to the mixture if the paste is not soft to your satisfaction
• Step 6: Put it in a blender and blend it to a fine paste
• Step 7: Pour it in a container and apply whenever you want to use it.
This is just an experiment you can try at anytime, it is also economical and can cut down your budget, it also gives you a clean and sparkling teeth. The only thing you may need to buy is menthol. If you have Peppermint leaf at home, you can make peppermint oil or just grind the leaf then add it to it.