Catholic University College of Ghana – School Of Public Health
Catholic University College of Ghana – School Of Public Health.
Faculty of Health and Allied Sciences (HAS).
- The Faculty of Public Health and Allied Sciences (PHAS) was introduced during the 2007/2008 academic year after going through the accreditation process with the National Accreditation Board (NAB). The Faculty has courses designed to produce health professionals who will be recognized for their dedicated service and competence in providing quality health care to communities and individuals. This is viewed as integral to the Catholic Church’s mission of continuing Christ’s Ministry of bringing healing to the sick. The course also addresses some of the health related objectives of the Millennium Development Goals which are essential for improving the quality of healthcare delivery in Ghana.
- The PHAS Faculty’s unique team of renowned researchers and educators is dedicated to tackling real-world health issues from an interdisciplinary perspective. The demand for highly skilled and knowledgeable health educators, managers, and information specialists has never been greater within the Ghana Health Service, the Ministry of Health and the National Health Insurance Authority than in this current technological moment.
- The Faculty of Public Health and Allied Sciences (PHAS) of Catholic University College of Ghana (CUCG) provides unique interdisciplinary courses designed to equip students with a comprehensive understanding and skills to meet the current challenges of delivering quality and cost-effective healthcare. It is in line with this that the Catholic University College is offering a four-year programme leading to a Bachelor of Science degree in Public Health and Master in Public Health. Students will have the opportunity of specializing in one of the following options that will develop into departments in the very near future:
- Master in Public Health (MPH)
- B.Sc. Public Health (Health Management Option)
- B.Sc. Public Health (Health Informatics Option)
- B.Sc. Public Health (Health Education Option)
- BSc. General Nursing
- BSc. Public Health (Reproductive & Child Health)
The objective of programme specialization is to impact relevant skills, competencies and effectiveness in health professionals to meeting the challenges of the global health delivery needs, specifically:
The Education Option of the Public Health programme is designed to produce health educators equipped with relevant health promotion strategies to empower individuals and communities to take fuller control over their health needs. On the completion of the programme, students would understand the principles of maintaining healthy communities and the major issues of health care in Ghana based on innovative health promotion strategies. They would also be competent to conduct health educational programmes and seminars on healthy community living.
The Informatics Option of the Public Health programme is designed to produce health professionals equipped with relevant statistical and analytic skills to enhance the growth of health information management systems based on current global health care that is increasingly turning into an information-driven service. On completion of the programme, graduates would be competent to supervise, manage, and maintain patient files, record prevalence of disease and illness in an area and maintain other records of a health care unit, using simple computerized programmes.
The Faculty of Public Health and Allied Sciences of the Catholic University College of Ghana is designed to produce health professionals who will be recognized for their dedicated service and competence in promoting healthy communities and in providing quality health care to communities and individuals.
Download Application form
You are to download an application form of your choice. It has been well explained as to how an applicant will fill the application form. You are also to download the Student Brochure assist you in fill the application forms.
A prospective Undergraduate or Graduate student should attached a bankers draft of GH¢100 or GH¢150 respectively. A prospective Graduate applicants are to attach two copies of the Graduate Reference form during submission of the Application form. Thank You